Hot Cocoa Recipe

I love cold weather, a.k.a. snuggly weather. I love the warm blankets, cozy fires, and most of all, hot cocoa. 
I am not a big fan of cocoa mixes because of all the added "stuff" that is put in them. I prefer to cook my own.
 I have a favorite recipe for hot cocoa, and I have to share it with you so that you can enjoy it too.
It takes minutes to make, and warms your belly and puts a smile on your face:o)

Hot Cocoa
serves 4
adapted from this recipe
1/3 c unsweetened cocoa
3/4 c white sugar
1/3 c boiling water
3 1/2 c milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Bring water to a boil in a medium sauce pan. Add cocoa and white sugar. Bring back to a boil, and then lower heat so the mixture simmers. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add milk and vanilla, and warm to desired temperature. 
I usually pour the kids some before it has gotten too hot.
I spy some happy campers right here:o)

Now you can enjoy those few brief moments where they have a smile on their faces, and calling you the best mom ever, after drinking something delicious! Then brace yourself for the sugar high!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ballard Inspired Nesting Tables

Big boys in forex market

Getting Spring Fever