Burlap Wreath Tutorial

I.am.ready.for.fall.
Since Fall is around the corner, and I have a few spare moments with the kiddos back in school, I have been able to catch up on some decor projects I have been wanting to tackle.
One of them being a burlap wreath. 
You can't have Fall without a burlap wreath. It's in the rule books somewhere...I'm sure of it. 
There are so many different styles. Raggedy, bubbly, smooth, etc. I went for more of a shabby look...sounds better than raggedy, right?
Today I'm sharing how quick and easy this project is.  
Your list of supplies:
3 yards of burlap(I used two colors)(Burlap is $3.99 at my Hobby Lobby. I used a 40% off Q)
Wire hanger(Joan Crawford would die)
Needle Nose pliers
Scissors
Tape Measure
Start off by cutting your strips. I cut mine at 5" wide.
Then you will want to straighten out the wire hanger.
 Once all of the burlap is cut, do a fan fold. When finished, you will roughly have a 5x5 square.
Thread the wire hanger through the square. 
 While threading, the wire hanger was flopping around. This was driving Max bananas..it was fun to watch;o)
After all of the burlap is threaded onto the hanger, twist the ends together. I ended up snipping about 3" off of each side.
Twist it all together as best you can.
Flip, and hang on a wreath stand.
This project took less than an hour from start to finish, and was less than $10. Easy peasy. I'll have some more step by step fall decor coming your way soon!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ballard Inspired Nesting Tables

Big boys in forex market

Getting Spring Fever